Monday, February 6, 2012

Status of refund

jackson hewitt, google co search, irs phone number, tax refund status, facebook

Question from Rebecca
February 2, 2021 at 7:10pm
Richard,
Hello, I filed my taxed on January 17th 2012 & recived a aceptance notice.
on the "wheres my refund" page it stated that I should recieve my refund Jan. 25th, on the 25th ir changed to Jan 31st, on the 31st it changed to "is being processed".
Do you know why this would be happening?
Answer:  Rebecca - Thank you for your question and I understand your concern.
The one-week delay for some refunds relates to fine-tuning IRS systems to adjust for new safeguards put in place this tax season to provide stronger protection against refund fraud.  The IRS is providing additional screening for fraud this year before issuing refunds, but the vast majority of taxpayers can still continue to expect to receive their refunds in a timely fashion, especially if their returns were filed on or after January 26th.

0 comments: